TERMS & CONDITIONS
By taking part in the Maybank Bali Marathon 2019 (the "EVENT"), including but not limited to register through the website, the participant ("INDIVIDUAL") accepts and agrees to abide by the rules and regulations, terms and conditions of the Event as sanctioned by the Run ID Race Management (“Organizer”) and Maybank Indonesia ("Maybank Indonesia ").
1. The INDIVIDUAL affirms the accuracy of all information provided on the registration form. The Organizer and Maybank Indonesia reserve the right to require the INDIVIDUAL to present their official identification documents (eg national identification card, passport, driver's license, or KITAS) in order to participate in the Event, if deemed necessary. Should there be discrepancies found by the Organizer and Maybank Indonesia, INDIVIDUAL may be disqualified from the Event.
2. The INDIVIDUAL assumes full responsibility for and takes on all risks of bodily injury, disability, death, or property damage that the INDIVIDUAL may suffer or incur from participating in this Event and whether such bodily injury, disability, death or property damage may arise out of, as a result of, or flow from or be caused by or due to the negligence of Releases (as identified below) or any of them or otherwise, and whether the same occurs before, after or while competing and/or participating in the Event. The INDIVIDUAL recognizes and understands that there are risks and dangers associated with participation in the Event that could cause bodily injury, disability, and death. All of the risks and dangers associated with participating in the Event are assumed by the INDIVIDUAL notwithstanding that the risks and dangers may be caused by the negligent failure to act of the Releases and others.
3. Pursuant to the risks undertaken by the INDIVIDUAL, the INDIVIDUAL releases, waives, discharges, and covenants not to sue the Organizer/promoters, Maybank Indonesia , participants, Event sponsors and Event PR agency, participating associations, sanctioning organizations, (or any affiliates thereof), officials, car owners, drivers, sponsors, advertisers, owners, lessees, and lessors of the premises, used to conduct the Event and their officers, agents, and employees (all for the purpose herein referred to as Releases), from all liability to yourselves, your personal representatives, assignees, and executors, for any and all claims, demands, losses or damages of the INDIVIDUAL on account of any injury, including, but not limited to the death or injury of the INDIVIDUAL or damage to property, whether the same is or are caused or alleged to be caused in whole or in part by the negligence of the Releases or otherwise.
4. The INDIVIDUAL hereby agrees that this Release and Waiver of Liability, Assumption of Risk and Indemnity Agreement extends to all acts of negligence by the Releases as stated in clause (3) above, including negligent rescue operations (if any) and is intended to be as broad and inclusive as is permitted by Indonesia law in which the Event is conducted.
5. The INDIVIDUAL acknowledges that in reliance on the entry fees paid by the INDIVIDUAL to the Event Organizer, the Event Organizer will have incurred substantial cost and expenses in the organization of the Event. The INDIVIDUAL hereby agrees that in the event of a race cancellation due to conditions beyond the control of the Organizer of the Event and Maybank Indonesia including but not limited to a storm, rain, inclement seas or weather, winds, act of God or Terrorism or other conditions, the individual entry fee shall be non-refundable.
6. Once registration has been duly processed, there is no registration fee refund for an INDIVIDUAL who for whatever reason does not eventually take part in the Event. Race slots are neither transferrable nor can an INDIVIDUAL upgrade or downgrade to another race category.
7. A copy of the registration confirmation email together with one (1) government-issued ID is required to be presented by the INDIVIDUAL upon claiming of race packet. An authorization letter with a photocopy of ID are further required if an INDIVIDUAL is claiming race kits on behalf of another INDIVIDUAL.
8. The race pack must be collected on the scheduled days. No requests of collecting the race pack thereafter will be entertained.
9. INDIVIDUALS under 18 years old (who participate in Marathon category), 17 years old (who participate in Half Marathon category), 15 years old (who participate in 10K category) must claim race kit together with a parent or legal guardian. The Parent or legal guardian will be asked to sign a Waiver and present a valid government-issued ID.
10. INDIVIDUALS who miss the flag-off time of their respective category will not be allowed to start the race and will automatically be disqualified from the race. Likewise, INDIVIDUALS who commence before the actual start time of his/her category will be disqualified.
11. INDIVIDUALS must wear the assigned Race Bib Number. INDIVIDUALS who are not wearing a Race Bib Number will be taken off the course by security officers and the race marshals.
12. Partial road closure is lifted after seven (7) hours from the commencement of the first race. INDIVIDUALS who continue on the race course shall do so at their own risk PROVIDED THAT: (a) the Organizer and/or Maybank Indonesia reserves the right to lift the road closure earlier at any time after flag-off in the sole discretion of the Organizer and/or Maybank Indonesia; and (b) The lifting of road closure is subject to approval being obtained from the relevant Government authorities for such early lifting of road closure.
13. Pets, bicycles, in-line skates, prams, push carts, shoes with built-in or attached rollers and any other wheel run objects other than official race and medical vehicles are not allowed on the course.
14. Race routes may be subject to changes for safety and traffic reasons.
15. All winners must be physically present to receive their awards and prizes during the Awards Ceremony. The Organizer have the right to forfeit the prizes (whether in cash or in kind) of winners who are not physically present during the Awards Ceremony.
16. The Organizer’ decision is final. No further correspondence or arguments will be entertained.
17. Prize winners are required to present personal identification that validated by the Organizer and Maybank Indonesia to claim their awards and prizes.
18. If it is later found out that the personal identification is not matched with the podium winners, the podium winners will be disqualified from podium.
19. For prize winners or possible prize winners; disputes and appeals must be made on-the-spot within 60 minutes of the published results on the results notice board on-site or immediately after the prize presentation, whichever comes first.
20. All prizes are subject to stock availability and the Organizer and Maybank Indonesia reserves the right to cancel, change, substitute or remove the prizes at any time with or without notice to the participant.
21. All prizes and premiums are non-exchangeable and non-refundable for cash or credit under any circumstances whatsoever.
22. The Organizer reserve the right to require the INDIVIDUAL to present their official identification documents (eg identification card, passport, driver's license or KITAS) necessary to support the disputes or appeals made.
23. By participating in this Event, the INDIVIDUAL agrees to take part in any promotion or publicity exercise as may be conducted by the Maybank Indonesia and the INDIVIDUAL hereby irrevocably and unconditionally grant Maybank Indonesia all consents and waivers necessary for Maybank Indonesia to record and use the INDIVIDUAL’s performance, appearance, likeness, name, voice and/or particulars (as the case may be) in any manner as Maybank Indonesia shall in its sole discretion deem fit. The INDIVIDUAL acknowledges that Maybank Indonesia shall be at liberty to publish and otherwise use any recordings made by Maybank Indonesia, including without limitation telephone recordings, audio recordings, visual recordings and photographs (if any), for the promotion and publicity of this Event (whether now or in the future). Where permissible, each INDIVIDUAL expressly waives all intellectual property rights which the INDIVIDUAL may acquire or have under the law (and any subsequent enactment or amendments thereto) relating to the said recordings and any other similar or moral rights which the participant may have or be entitled to under the law.
24. The Maybank Indonesia reserve the right to limit and/or refuse entry to the Event by any participant without giving any reason.
25. The Organizer and/or Maybank Indonesia reserves the right to modify the terms and conditions and/or to terminate the Event at the Organizer and Maybank Indonesia discretion and without prior notification.
1. Maybank Bali Marathon 2019 is organized by Maybank Indonesia and the Organizer.
2. By signing up for and providing any information, personal or otherwise, in order to gain access to Maybank Bali Marathon 2019 or any activity(ies) involving the Organizer, Maybank Indonesia and the event sponsors , the INDIVIDUAL is deemed to have given written permission for the Organizer, Maybank Indonesia and the Sponsors to collect, analyze, collate, share, disclose to third parties, sell and/or otherwise use without any liability to the individual, any personal information relating to that individual as may in its sole discretion deem fit, including without any limitation for its programs, planning, data-processing, and statistical or risk-analysis, research, fund-raising and/or any other purposes in furtherance of the functions.
3. The Organizer, Maybank Indonesia and the Sponsors declare by virtue of being the event owner or sponsor, they can use services of third parties.
4. The Organizer and Maybank Indonesia reserves the right to modify or substitute any of these rules and regulations of the Event from time to time as they deem fit. If there is ambiguity in any of the provisions, the Organizer and Maybank Indonesia shall be the authority to interpret and in so doing, the Organizer and Maybank Indonesia will take into account the interests of all the affected participants. Any update on the rules and regulations of the Event will be notified on the official website www.balimarathon.com.
5. The Organizer and Maybank Indonesia reserves the right to cancel the Event at any time without prior notice to the INDIVIDUAL, in which case the Organizer and Maybank Indonesia will make effort to inform the INDIVIDUAL prior to the date of the event. If the Event has to be cancelled, there shall be no refund of fees paid unless the Organizer and Maybank Indonesia deems fit to give a refund and the Organizer and Maybank Indonesia shall not be liable for any other loss or inconvenience caused.
6. There will be no fee refund if the event is cancelled for reason of force majeure i.e. due to occurrence of incidents that are beyond the control of the Organizer and Maybank Indonesia and which renders it impossible or unsafe to hold the event.
7. Completion of the online registration confirms the Participant's agreement to abide by the relevant rules and regulations of the Organizer.
8. Participant agrees to provide true, accurate, current and complete information about the INDIVIDUAL. The Organizer and Maybank Indonesia may contact the INDIVIDUAL from time to time by email. Any notice sent to the email address registered with the Organizer and Maybank Indonesia shall be deemed as received by the INDIVIDUAL. If the INDIVIDUAL provides any information that is untrue, inaccurate, not current or incomplete, or the Organizer and Maybank Indonesia has grounds to suspect that such information is untrue, inaccurate, not current or incomplete, the Organizer and Maybank Indonesia may suspend or terminate the INDIVIDUAL's registration and refuse any and all current or future use of the Event's Website (or any parts thereof).
9. The Organizer and Maybank Indonesia reserve the right to amend the Event race routes as they deem fit for the safety of the Participants and/or to prevent any potential hazards in the running of the event, at any time without prior notice to the INDIVIDUAL. In such cases, every effort will be made to inform the INDIVIDUAL prior to the date of the event. The Organizer and Maybank Indonesia shall not be liable for any other loss or inconvenience caused due to such changes.
10. Whilst every reasonable precaution will be taken by the Organizer and Maybank Indonesia to ensure the INDIVIDUALS' safety, participants run at their own risk and the Organizer and Maybank Indonesia will not be responsible or held liable for any injury or death howsoever arising from training for or during participation in the race. INDIVIDUALS are strongly encouraged to go for a medical examination and/or consult their medical practitioner prior to registration and before the actual Race Day.
11. INDIVIDUALS must wear the assigned bib number on his/her chest. INDIVIDUALS who are not wearing a bib number will be taken off the course by security officers/officials or the Organizer.
12. Road closure will be lifted after seven (7) hours from commencement of the race. INDIVIDUAL who are still on Route and choose to continue running after the cut-off time, do so at their own risk.
13. An INDIVIDUAL must retire from the race immediately, if required to do so by any member of the official medical staff, Race Director, Marshal and/or Security Officer.
14. Pets, bicycles, in-line skates, prams, push carts, shoes with built-in or attached rollers and any other wheel-run objects are not allowed on the course other than official race and medical vehicles.
15. Once registration has been duly processed, there will be no fee refund for participants who do not eventually take part in the Event for whatever reason.
16. The Organizer and Maybank Indonesia reserves the right to use any photographs (including those of INDIVIDUALS), motion pictures, recordings, or any other media records of the Event, for any legitimate purpose including commercial advertising and distribution to the Sponsors.
17. The Organizer and Maybank Indonesia reserve the right to limit and/or refuse entry without giving any reason and notice.
18. The Organizer and Maybank Indonesia will not entertain nor be in any way responsible for any disputes arising from incomplete or inaccurate entry details in the registration form.
19. The Organizer and Maybank Indonesia reserve the right to cancel and/or add any race category without prior notice to the INDIVIDUALS.
20. Participants are strictly not allowed to transfer their race entries to another party or change race categories after their registrations are confirmed.
21. A participant who commences to run before the actual start time of his/her registered race will be disqualified. (Please refer to start time of each race category).
22. Participants who do not start within 15 minutes from respective flag off (Marathon, Half Marathon, and 10K) will be disqualified and for safety reasons may not be allowed to start.
23. The "Gun Time" will be used to determine the winners for each race category.
24. Each INDIVIDUAL is allowed to win only one prize-money award. A winning participant in more than one category may elect to receive his/her award in the category offering higher prize-money. Regardless of the winning participant’s choice of prize-money, his/her finishing positions in each of the relevant categories will not change.
25. For prize winners or possible prize winners, disputes and appeals must be made immediately within 60 minutes of the published results on the results notice board on-site or immediately after the prize presentation, whichever is earlier, failing which the Organizer and Maybank Indonesia reserves the right not to entertain any disputes or appeals thereafter.
26. For non-podium participants, disputes and appeals regarding the results must be submitted in writing including electronic mail within 7 days of the Race Day. The Organizer and Maybank Indonesia reserve the right not to entertain any dispute or appeal after 14 September 2019.
27. The Timing Tag is a single-use, disposable device.
28. Participants who successfully complete the race (Marathon, 10K, and 5K) will be awarded a finisher’s medal upon presentation of their Bib Number to the respective officials at the medal collection counter.
29. Participants who successfully complete the Marathon category will be awarded a finisher’s tee upon presentation of their Bib Number to the respective officials at the finisher tee tent.
30. All Finisher's Medals and finisher tee must be collected on Race Day. No requests thereafter will be entertained.